Time to address the elephant in the room, no?
We understand there is a rising concern about COVID-19 – the Coronavirus.
You have been advised to practice social distancing, avoid large groups and public places.
At the time of this publication, there are no diagnosed cases in Polk or Dallas Counties.
To our newborn clients, particularly:
We are a homeschool family. We have been practicing social distancing, have not done any traveling, and we continue to sterilize and thoroughly disinfect all hard surfaces. In addition, we continue to use the following practices:
- Fabrics go through a sterilize cycle on our washer
- We utilize the same hand sanitizer the Neonatal Intensive Care trusts
- We practice frequent hand washing as taught to us in the NICU
- An abundance of caution is practiced and we’ll postpone sessions if we have any symptoms
None of these health and cleanliness practices are new to us or a specific reaction to the coronavirus. We have always been aware of flu, RSV, even common colds and implemented safety precautions for our babies and their families.
We feel just as cautious about your exposure as you feel about ours. You’ve just come from a hospital; we want to protect all our clients – you and your family, but also the clients who follow. We ask you to truly examine your own family and be aware that we have preemies and low-immune support babies who rely on our studio to capture their memories during this tiny window of time. We ask that you are honest and vigilant with your own health and symptoms to help protect those clients by not bringing any illness into our studio.
Here are some temporary precautions we are implementing during the peak of the outbreak to keep all our clients safe. Thank you for helping keep our studio space healthy!
- All visitors are restricted to essential members: only those who are being photographed, extended family members are asked to stay home.
- Please take a temperature reading of all family members at the following intervals before your session: 24 hours, 12 hours, 2 hours. Any sign of fever, we ask you to postpone until you are symptom-free.
- Please reschedule and be symptom-free for 48+ hours of the following symptoms: fever, cough, runny nose, aches/chills, diarrhea, sneezing
- If you appear ill when you arrive, you will be asked to reschedule. We aren’t allowing visitors with symptoms in the studio. Do not mask your symptoms with medication – this behavior is dangerous.
Lastly, we promise to be forthright and practice an abundance of caution should anything change. We are first and foremost committed to the health and well-being of our tiniest clients. We would never sabotage the safety of your family and expect the same respect to be afforded to our studio, clients, and family. We love our clients and feel privileged to be a part of your stories. Now, more than ever, proves how important it is to cherish our families and our memories.
With immense gratitude,
Darcy and Randy